TIL Advisory Committee
Terms of Reference
With quality teaching as one of the University's core missions, instructional space plays a crucial role in fulfilling this aim. As a steward of these important facilities, Learning Space Management (LSM) is committed to developing accessible, innovative, and effective purpose-built classrooms that support the needs of all stakeholders.
The Transforming the Instructional Landscape (TIL) project seeks to redesign 174 classrooms in 23 buildings across the St George Campus, totaling an area of 15,700 NASM. A project of this scope ill impact almost 6,000 courses, and potentially enhance the experience of almost every student and instructor on campus.
As our aim is to redesign classrooms with rather than for our user groups, direct engagement with instructors and students is key to this initiative's success. Through feedback and observations gathered from the user groups, we can produce a plan that meets our users' needs. Partnering with CTSI and the Innovation Hub, employing Design Thinking Principles, and applying intelligent and responsive design practices, this project aims to transform instructional space within the classroom and throughout the broader Campus community.
The advisory committee will provide guidance to these conversations to ensure that the overall goals of the University's teaching mission, along with the goals of local divisions and departments, are achieved.In order to be successful, the mandate of the advisory committee will be:
- To define the pedagogical relevancy of the TIL project.
- To provide oversight related to the pedagogical goals of TIL.
- To ensure that the funds are directed to provide maximum impact to the teaching community.
- To provide advice to LSM related to pedagogical trends and emerging teaching practise.
- To ensure alignment with divisional teaching strategies as they pertain the University's Shared Classrooms.
|Keith Adamson||Professor, Faculty of Social Work|
|Steven Bailey||Director, LSM|
|Sandra Bjelajac-Mejia||Acting Director of Professional Programs, Faculty of Pharmacy|
|Alana Boland||Associate Dean, Teaching and Learning, Faculty of Arts and Science|
|Kristine Collins||Director, Academic Programs, School of Continuing Studies|
|Tom Coyle||Vice-Dean, Undergraduate, Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering|
|Greg Evans||Professor, Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering|
|Michelle French||Special Adviser to the Dean on Undergraduate Education, Faculty of Medicine|
|Clare Gilderdale||Special Projects Officer, VPIUE|
|David Goldreich||Professor, Rotman School of Management|
|Patrick Hopewell||Director, Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions, ITS|
|Avi Hyman||Director, ACT|
|Laura Miller||Associate Professor, Faculty of Architecture and Landscape Design|
|Steven Penfold||Graduate Department of History|
|Carol Rolheiser||Director, CTSI|
|Jim Slotta||Professor, OISE|
|Olivier St.Cyr||Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream, Faculty of Information|
|Ashley Stirling||Vice-Dean, Academic Affairs, Faculty of Kinesiology & Physical Education|
|Ann Touragenau||Lawrences S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing|
Meeting Agenda & Materials
- May 30th 2019 - Meeting Agenda - Presentation Slides - TIL CTSI Handout June 2019 - Portal to Media Literacy Video
- October 29th 2019 - Presentation Slides
- February 19th 2020 - Presentation Slides - SOTL Space Studies
- May 30th 2019 2:30pm-4:00pm
- Oct 29th 2019 1:00pm-2:30pm
- Feb 19th 2020 2:30pm-4:00pm
- May 2020 TBA